Thursday, 28 April 2011

The Kings Wood, Challock, Kent

I wanted to photograph some bluebells. 


I saw a picture in the paper the other day of a glorious carpet of bluebells and it reminded of a wood I used to go to with my family when I was a nipper. My dad's aunt lived in a small village called Shamley Green in Guildford. Six tiny cottages, a pub, a hollowed out oak tree and a cricket green. The quintessential English village...


I seem to recall they used to fly the Union Jack flag  from the roof of the pub but then it became a crime against humanity and all things foreign. So they stopped it. Anyways, I wanted to photograph a carpet of bluebells but didn't fancy schlepping off to Guildford (I might have been disappointed - they say you can't go home again don't they?)


So, I found The Kings Wood in Kent. Off I toddled with my D5000, a tripod and the missus (whose not too shabby with a camera herself I can tell you!) and did these. Some are HDR, some are not. All are tweaked in various software and, I've decided to start framing and watermarking my pics. 


I kind of like the black frame because the contrast makes the colours 'pop' a little bit more.


I have a series of bluebell shots over on my website. Go on...have a look. You know you want to.








No comments:

Post a Comment