Sunday, 15 May 2011

NAPP Image Of The Week


Well, I'm a happy little bunny! I joined NAPP (The National Association of Photoshop Professionals) about two weeks ago and uploaded a few images to the portfolio section. Within a few days of this image being posted I started to get some comments congratulating me on 'IOTW'. I had absolutely no idea what it meant so navigated my way to NAPP's home page and saw my picture being advertised at the top as the 'Image Of The Week'.

I was a bit taken aback by this I must admit. Certainly wasn't expecting it at all so felt very flattered. But wait!! That's not all!! A couple of days after that, Photoshop User Magazine contacted me to ask if they could publish it. Of course they can!!! America. Biiiiiig audience. 

There's no guarantee that they will publish it but it's nice to be considered and it's certainly nice to be 'IOTW'. I'm going to make a badge....

Meanwhile, whilst I'm bigging it up guy, here's a few things that people have been kind enough to say.....You might get bored reading them but I'm lovin' my five minutes!!!

May 12, 2011 | Shari Whittaker  
As I said before - great capture - I think this should be on display somewhere locally, although I don't know where that is!



May 15, 2011 | ANTON GABY  
un magnifique travail



May 13, 2011 | gerd jaunich  
really super one and congrats



May 14, 2011 | peterj  
Outstanding! Congratulations.



May 7, 2011 | John Tefertiller 
Excellent capture of a real-life moment. Great processing as well.



May 12, 2011 | Allen Auvil  
A wonderful moment in time. Congratulations on IOTW.



May 15, 2011 | Bob Armstrong  
Steve ....Hearty congratulations on receiving IMG. Being a Londoner I know Woolwich quite well too. Lets hope with all the development that another part of London doesn't loose it's character!! I never ever thought Southend Pier could look so good!! Great portfolio Steve....Well Done....Bob



May 14, 2011 | Dennis Zito  
Congratulations on image of the week, Steve! Beautiful image! I love the tones and textures and the rain! Beautifully composed and processed! - Dennis



May 12, 2011 | Carolina sanchezMonge  
Congratulations, Very well deserved. Beautiful image!!



May 7, 2011 | sailaboat  
Love the grey tonal values and lighting in the rain scene.. Well done, Steve.



May 7, 2011 | Shari Whittaker  
Great capture. Can feel the wet!



May 7, 2011 | svenoftibet  
Very nicely done Steve



May 8, 2011 | Robin Browne  
This one shines.



May 14, 2011 | Kerri Weiss  
Congratulations - Well done! wonderful!



May 12, 2011 | Larry Becker  
Congratulations! This is NAPP's Image of the Week 5.12.11 - Larry Becker



May 12, 2011 | Steve Somen  
Congratulations on getting Image of the Week Steve, well deserved award.



May 12, 2011 | Logan Miller  
Many congratulations Steve! Great story and great image. Well done!



May 12, 2011 | sailaboat  
Congratulations and well deserved too. I am so happy for your E.C. win, Steve!! Love the story it tells.



May 12, 2011 | Barbara K.  
Congratulations, Steve! Well done! Great story and captivating shot!



May 12, 2011 | Gene Lowinger  
Great shot! Love to see b/w work receive the image of the week award.



May 12, 2011 | Gene Lowinger  
Great shot! Love to see b/w work receive the image of the week award.



May 13, 2011 | Wray Dillard  
A very worthy winner. Congratulations Steve. And thanks for the background info, makes all the more interesting.



May 13, 2011 | Sharon Brownlow  
I loved everything about this image the moment I saw it. Congratulations on a really great shot and Image of the Week!



May 14, 2011 | Shane Garris  
Congrats! Excellent job.

1 comment: