Saturday, 25 June 2011

The Advice Bureau


I've been inspired lately by the use of light and shadows via the use of layers in Photoshop. Much of this inspiration has come about because of a photographer I've got to know through NAPP, Steve Somen.

Steve produces some incredible, 'natural' HDR work with some incredible shadow work, of his hometown in Chicago. I could never understand how he managed to capture the light in the way that he did. And it piqued my curiosity. We had begun to email each other occasionally and Steve was kind enough to share his workflow and techniques with me and for that, I'm extremely grateful.

As a result of this, I set out to look for photographs that had a bit of texture to them but had a 'flat', even light in order that I could drop in some shadow work. I'll post a few more of them up over the next few days and write a tutorial.

Steve's website can be found here. Go take a look. You won't regret it.

1 comment:

  1. Looking very nice to see this photo with article .

    ReplyDelete