Monday, 6 June 2011

Rochester Dickens Festival

I recently attended the Dickens Festival in Rochester, Kent. Held annually, this festival is a celebration of the life and works of the writer Charles Dickens. Hundreds of people dress as characters from Dickens novels and other dress accordingly for the 
time period. It's a good opportunity to get a glimpse back in time. 

Shamefully, my Dickens knowledge is not what it should be. My father read all of his books time and time again and instilled in me his skill as a storyteller and, whilst I read some, I don't remember them too well. What I will say though is 'A Christmas Carol' is the best, hands down, bar none, story ever written. That one I remember.


I'm not sure what this lady was supposed to be depicting here but she frightened the granny out of a few little kids!


Good ol' Jacob Marley


????


I want to say 'Chuzzlewit' but I don't know why....


This fellah below was, I think, a bit of a chancer who just liked dressing up!


And finally....the man 'imself.



1 comment:

  1. Very interesting this festival . Like this man .

    ReplyDelete