Monday, 25 July 2011

The Market


For a long while I've questioned the point of using RAW for everyday shooting. I pretty much always thought that a carefully exposed JPEG produced a good enough image, certainly for the web which, lets face it, is where the bulk of our work ends up these days. I still believe that but I've kinda changed my mind of late not least because of this shot. 

It's a single RAW taken on my little Canon S90. I got the chance to play around with it in Adobe Camera Raw and found that, like it says in the magazines, RAW did give me more latitude in the processing and, if you take a good look here, I think you'll agree that the exposure is balanced out quite well, noise pretty well controlled and good contrast. Detail in the shadow and in the highlights. 

It took me about 10 minutes I suppose to get the exposure the way I wanted it which, is not too bad I suppose.

Will I convert to RAW exclusively? Not sure but the signs are good....

1 comment: