Tuesday, 9 August 2011

London Riots/Woolwich

Many of you will know by now that the UK has seen three consecutive nights of rioting which has caused tens of millions of pounds worth of damage to shops and businesses. 

My local area, Woolwich, was particularly badly hit and I was on the streets at 6am this morning to take these photo's. They are in no particular order and have not been 'tweaked' in any way. They are 'as is'.

The smell of burning was still strong from the night before. From what I could make of it, at least three buildings had been burnt to the ground and just about every shop in the High street had suffered some form of damage or loss.

If you feel compelled to leave a message with regards to these images, please do not give any reference to this being caused by 'disaffected' youths with 'no prospects' or 'no future'. I have seen and heard it all before and have no truck with the trendy lefty morons who pander to them. There is no excuse for crime. Only choice.

This was caused by scum. Thieving, low-life criminal scum who have no decency in them and encouraged by a succession of spineless governments who have encouraged the breakdown of our society by burying their heads in the sand and refusing to accept that we have problems and refusing to tackle it. Will we tackle it now? No. 

But no doubt we'll 'learn lessons' from it....






























































































6 comments:

  1. Wow Steve you took a chance today but I admire you for doing it. Great pictures reporting events Steve. Yeah what scum bags they are, I hate them all with a passion. My daughter is in the police force and she was telling me today that they are under orders not use their batons except in extreme self defence...WHAT!! They are powerless, poor sods.
    The scrotes are targeting Romford tonight so we are all battened down ready for it.
    Well done Steve. Bloody well be careful........Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob,

    Nothings changed since my day then mate. I was a police officer for 20 years in sunny Bermondsey/Rotherhithe.

    Seems the Government & Senior management have learned nothing since 81 & 85.

    Tell her to be careful mate. She has my sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, and I agree with your opinion about this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the last riots in the 80's and here we are again. You are right there is no excuse for this. The touchy feely 'let's not upset them' approach hasn't worked it's now time to make these criminals realise that there can be no crime without punishment. Well done for bringing these pictures to light, I don't think the media knows where Woolwich is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i grew up in woolwich and its so sad to see what has happened to this lovely town. brings a tear to my eyes when i see this pics.

    jackie

    ReplyDelete