Sunday, 25 September 2011

The rain fell in New York




When Hurricane Irene hit New York I knew I had to go walkabout with my Canon S90. Luckily, although it was a hurricane, it was a hurricane with no wind! Well, a breeze....

But there was rain. God there was rain. However, labouring under the premise that there is no such thing as bad weather only inappropriate clothing I wandered off in my jeans, showerproof coat and training shoes - how inappropriate was that? I took a brolly with me (as I said, no hurricane) and promptly got saturated. Loved it!

As I said before, I find myself becoming more and more reliant on my S90 as it is so easy to use, tiny and discreet and handles low light exceedingly well. My only wish (and manufactures are beginning to listen) would be for the inclusion of a good quality viewfinder. I still can't take to using LCD screens and holding the camera at arms length. It just isn't right!!




1 comment: