Friday, 20 April 2012

Going Home.....


I'm not, to be honest, a religious person as such. I really don't have too much truck with organised religion but I do consider myself to be a ''spiritual' person in that I try to lead a good, and decent life living by the maxim 'First, do no harm....' and I respect other's rights to their beliefs. 

I have to say though that I am oftentimes in awe of the structures raised to worship and none more so than Winchester Cathedral in Hampshire. The cathedral is one of the largest cathedrals in England, with the longest nave and greatest overall length of any Gothic cathedral in Europe.

Dedicated to the Holy Trinity, Saint Peter, Saint Paul, and Saint Swithun, it is the seat of the Bishop of Winchester and centre of the Diocese of Winchester. The cathedral is a Grade I listed cathedral.

A truly beautiful building.







1 comment: