Sunday, 22 April 2012

The Scribe ~ Winchester Cathedral


I know I said I wouldn't overly abuse the square crop format but I felt that it suited this picture from Winchester Cathedral perfectly. A simple 'grab' shot straight out of the Fuji X10 set on EXR the ISO set itself to 3200 and, I have to say, I'm pleased with the result from it. It could have been a bit sharper I know but, that said, I like the softness of it as it reminds me a bit of the results I used to get from film and I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

Having processed it I added a simple Quadtone action that I have to 'warm' it up a bit. It worked well as a B&W but I just preferred the brown look.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful photograph, Steve. The balance of tones is perfect. Love the toning, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire his attention , Thanks .

    ReplyDelete